How to call a custom profile field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to call a custom profile field

I can use "font-family: $blog[field7]; color: $blog[field6]" in blog_entry_featured and blog_show_entry templates but i can't call these in blog_entry_with_userinfo and blog_entry_without_userinfo.

i tried:
    $blog[field6]
    $userinfo[field6]
    $post[field6]

none of these work for me

what's the correct value to call a custom profile field in blog_entry_with_userinfo and blog_entry_without_userinfo templates?
    regards
    MsXLabs Forum

I need to know this too!
    You know you can't live without vBulletin!

Comment

I do not believe this is possible in the Blog without modifying the code.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

You can't because we do not join the appropriate tables for those queries. We also don't have a hook there so that you may do it yourself. I'll put it on the todo list.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie Bingham View Post
          You can't because we do not join the appropriate tables for those queries. We also don't have a hook there so that you may do it yourself. I'll put it on the todo list.
          Thanks again! I knew you loved me...
          MsXLabs Forum

Comment

Has this been addressed?
            I've tried all those codes ($blog[field5] $userinfo[field5] $bloginfo[field5]? $post[field5] $show[field5] $bbuserinfo[field5 <--[runs the viewers field5]) with no success

Any hope of having them activated?

PS my apologies for bumping/necroposting, seemed more appropriated than opening a new one
            "Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it!' -Team Skunkworkssigpic
            "I was a Hidden Treasure and loved to be known. Therefore I created the Creation that I might be known"

Comment

I'll add it to the ever growing "Wishlist".

Comment

Any news on custom profile fields on blog pages?

Comment

Originally posted by Vegetrunks View Post
                  Any news on custom profile fields on blog pages?
                  Not yet
                  MsXLabs Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie Bingham View Post
                    Included in vb blog 2.0?
                    MsXLabs Forum

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X