Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• error message

A user of mine reported an error.

I am seeing an Error on page (scripting error) at least part of the time when posting a Quick Reply to a blog. I last noticed it when Quick Replying to a blog I reached via a link from the Recent Blogs list. When I clicked the Post Now button, the response was posted but the browser (IE7) appeared to hang without ever going back to the page for that blog. There was a scripting error icon in the far left of the status bar at the bottom, and when I double-clicked it, the error details were:
    Quote:
    Line: 179
    Char: 2
    Error: 'null' is null or not an object
    Code: 0
    URL: http://www.writingforums.org/blog.php?b=xx
    where xx was the blog ID.

I didn't have time to go into the script debugger to try to track it down further.
    What could cause this?
    Check out my creative writing forum.

This is usually a custom style problem. Can you duplicate it yourself?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I cannot.
      Check out my creative writing forum.

Comment

Then it's something on his end. It's impossible to know exactly what it is but some possibilities are: browsers, browser settings, Internet and security settings, ISP and/or cache issues, firewalls, ad-blockers, spyware, proxies and any other application that affects Internet content.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X