Converting from vBlogetin to the vBulletin Blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting from vBlogetin to the vBulletin Blog

I just bought the vBulletin blog system.

I already had the vBlogetin system installed.

Having vBlogeting installed must have caused some MySQL issue (and I don't understand it).

I want to import the data from vBlogetin into the new system and I understand that can be done with Impex so I have downloaded that.

When I tried to install the vBulletin blog product in Import Product > import the XML file from your server and enter "./includes/xml/product-vbblog.xml" the first time I got a MySQL error so I tried again and now I get an error message saying it may already be installed.

Help is appreciated. Apparently the tables use some of the same names. I want to be able to import the vBlogetin data into the new blogs.

You will need to modify the table names that vblogetin uses since they conflict with vB Blog. Ask about this in the appropriate thread for vblogetin at www.vbulletin.org.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I have Steve but isn't Impex available from vBulletin and it is supposed to import from vBlogetin?

I just don't understand how it is possible for it to do that when the table names are the same.

Thanks to your help in the other thread, I got Impex working again. I just don't understand how Impex can import from vBlogetin to vBulletin with the table names the same.

If someone here can help me with that, or at vBulletin.org, I would be most appreciative because I've been at it all day and I am no closer to finding the answer than I was 6 hours ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate45 View Post
        I have Steve but isn't Impex available from vBulletin and it is supposed to import from vBlogetin?
        Yes, Impex is available for vblogetin.

Originally posted by Pirate45 View Post
        I just don't understand how it is possible for it to do that when the table names are the same.
        That is why you have to change the table names. Sorry I didn't make that clear although I did say that.

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
        You will need to modify the table names that vblogetin uses since they conflict with vB Blog. Ask about this in the appropriate thread for vblogetin at www.vbulletin.org.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

You did say it Steve but to me it's like telling me to build a house. I know what it is but I don't know how to do it.

I have asked at vBulletin.org but if no one replies I guess I am not allowed to ask here and my issue will end up on the scrap heap of unresolved problems.

Comment

The reason I cannot give you any more specific advice is that I do not have any experience with that add-on and I do not want to tell you something that may affect it.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Pirate i finalized the import. The correct routine you need to follow is :

1. Take a backup of your vblogetin tables + user table from phpmyadmin
              2. restore this blog into a temporary database
              3. uninstall vblogetin
              4. install vb blog
              5. edit impex config file
              6. import the data

Comment

I did that, but still there are a few problems

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=242853

Comment

Ok I'm getting same error:

"vBulletin blog may already be installed. Please contact vBulletin support."

I've uninstalled vblogetin totally, and want a clean install of vblog .. what do I need to do to reset this error. Trying to overwhite just gives me the same issue stated above.
                  Robert - Music is my caffeine!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X