Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagle Creek
    replied
    Although my thread got hijacked () I want to say I think vB's support is fantastic!
    Ok, you have to pay for installations and so, but I think vB is always friendly and supportive in any way there is!

If a shop would offer a PC for 100€ and they salesman isn't friendly, I would rather go to a shop where they are friendly and give me help/information/support, even if I have to pay more.

Leave a comment:

• TTTG
    replied
    Thanks to all especially Jake Bunce for helping me with the blog! The service and support that I have received with VB has been fantastic.

Leave a comment:

• TTTG
    replied
    Originally posted by Jake Bunce View Post
    Freddie notified me about your problem. I did your installation last month. I used the info from your worksheet to login and reupload a fresh global.php file. It's working now.

If you still need help with the blog then please send me a PM with your current admin login so I can take care of that too.

Thanks! That's great. I will send you a pm right now

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    Freddie notified me about your problem. I did your installation last month. I used the info from your worksheet to login and reupload a fresh global.php file. It's working now.

If you still need help with the blog then please send me a PM with your current admin login so I can take care of that too.

Leave a comment:

• TTTG
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
    Run 'Suspect File Version' in Diagnostics and report back the results.

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

Do any show as 'File does not contain expected contents', 'version mismatch' or missing? If so, you need to reupload the original vB non-image files. Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.
    I can't get to my forum. all I get is the error message that I listed above. So I can't get to the Admin CP

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Run 'Suspect File Version' in Diagnostics and report back the results.

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

Do any show as 'File does not contain expected contents', 'version mismatch' or missing? If so, you need to reupload the original vB non-image files. Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

Leave a comment:

• TTTG
    replied
    Originally posted by Freddie Bingham View Post
    Your global.php is incomplete, you need to reupload it from the vBulletin upload folder.
    I re-uploaded the global.php file within the upload folder and I am still getting the same error message.

Leave a comment:

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    Your global.php is incomplete, you need to reupload it from the vBulletin upload folder.

Leave a comment:

• TTTG
    replied
    Ok, I see you had an installation done by us previously so I took a look at your directory structure. You need to take the contents of the "upload" folder and send them into the public_html folder. Do not upload the "upload" folder itself, but what is inside that folder.
    OK, I uploaded the contents of the upload folder to the public_html folder and now when i go to my site i just see this below. Any ideas?

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/wwwfemin/public_html/global.php on line 267

Leave a comment:

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    Ok, I see you had an installation done by us previously so I took a look at your directory structure. You need to take the contents of the "upload" folder and send them into the public_html folder. Do not upload the "upload" folder itself, but what is inside that folder.

Leave a comment:

• TTTG
    replied
    It depends solely on your particular directory structure. What directories do you seen when you connect? Do you see "www" or "public_html"? If so, look inside that directory for your forums directory.
    Thanks for the response

When I connect I see "public_html" so I uploaded the upload file that came with the blog into that. If i click on that there is no folder that says "forums". After I uploaded the upload folder into "public_html there are various blog files that I can see within "public_html"

Leave a comment:

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    It depends solely on your particular directory structure. What directories do you seen when you connect? Do you see "www" or "public_html"? If so, look inside that directory for your forums directory.

Leave a comment:

• TTTG
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
    You have to upload all the files and subdirectories under the 'upload' folder to their respective forum directories.
    This will sound simple I know but where are the forum directories. I'm using CuteFTP and when I connect to the server where would these be?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You have to upload all the files and subdirectories under the 'upload' folder to their respective forum directories.

Leave a comment:

• TTTG
    replied
    It seems that you didn't upload the files in the includes/xml folder to the includes/xml folder of your forum.
    I'm having exactly the same problem. Exactly how do I do this? I have uploaded the Upload file that came with the blog the Public_html folder. But when I try to import using "./includes/xml/product-vbblog.xml" I get the no file uploaded message.
    Last edited by TTTG; Thu 18 Oct '07, 5:56pm.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X