Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blogs from existing members are NOT visible to anyone...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blogs from existing members are NOT visible to anyone...

Hi,

Maybe I am not understanding something, but I have the following issue:

I have given myself and my Moderators access to the Blogs, so we can test things out.

A couple of my Moderators are testing the Blogs out right now and on every Blogentrie of them I see the 'private entry' icon .

When I look into the Blogsettings inside the Usersettings of such a Moderator I see this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	blog_existing_member.png
Views:	1
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	3704079

... so it's correct that NO-ONE can see their Blogentries, because those settings are disabled by default!

So I decided to test out what happens if a new member registers on my site. I registered as a new member and again checked the Blogsettings inside the Usersettings of this new user:

Click image for larger version

Name:	blog_new_member.png
Views:	1
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	3704080

... and there those settings ARE enabled. Everyone can view their Blogs by default, like they should.

I don't understand why those settings are disabled on all our existing members? Is this intended behaviour, because I think it's rather odd. I have to instruct all my existing members now to enable their blogs for viewing. A blog should be viewable for everyone by default in my opinion.

What do I miss here?
    How much do you love XenForo?

I was wondering if I am the only one experiencing this, or if there's a way to set the...

View Blog
    Leave comments on Blog entries

... to YES for existing users?
    Last edited by Grover; Mon 3rd Sep '07, 5:47am.

Comment

I reported a bug and this is what Freddie said:

Originally posted by Freddie Bingham
      This is from an issue that was created in one of the beta versions. That is why it doesn't affect your newly registered users.

Run these queries to update all blogs to allow everyone to see them, allow comments, and allow pingback which are the correct default settings.

Code:
      UPDATE blog_user SET
          options_everyone = options_everyone | 3,
          options_buddy = options_buddy | 3,
          options = options | 6

Comment

I have the same problem. I just bought this program... and I have "3" blogs entered but when you join it says there are none... even when you click where it says on the left Total Blogs3

Comment

I think you guys are having the same issue as us:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=244220

Comment