Adding Blog CP Links

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Blog CP Links

How can some of the blog control panel links be put under the "Blog" link in the User CP? Right now all that is there is the Blog link; looks kind of weird, to me at least.

agreed. It seems to me that there are now two seperate CP's. Wish the blog CP was part of the user CP. The seperation seems very odd.

Comment

The blog link is there in case someone goes looking for the blog settings in the User CP. I felt that the blog links made the User CP too crowded so I opted for it to have its own section. At the time that we redesign the User CP, we can reevaluate placing the Blog setting there.

If you wish to add links to the bottom of the User CP where it currently says "Blog", modify the blog_usercp_nav_link template.

Comment

Which template i need to modify to show the Blog line under UserCP...I have a customized style and the Blog does not appear.

The default style shows fine.
        Thanks

Comment

$template_hook[usercp_navbar_bottom] is missing from BLOG_SHELL

Comment

Still Need Help On This

Can anyone tell me exactly how to add links under the Blog category in the user's control panel area. I know I need to edit the blog_usercp_nav_link template, but I am not quite sure what to add. I would like a link that takes the user to the blog to post page, and a link to the main (home) blog page. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Stilling in line for an answer to this one..

But I also want a code for see comments..

Comment

Main blog page - <a href="blog.php$session[sessionurl_q]">Blog</a>
                Post an entry - <a href="blog_post.php?$session[sessionurl]do=newblog">Post</a>

Originally posted by lille L
                But I also want a code for see comments..
                Meaning what exactly?

Comment

I'm sorrry, but where? Main blog page?
                  When I put your code into blog_usercp_nav_link this happens: the new lnks are not listed under the Blog menu, but on the top of the site. what do I do wrong?

I mean is it possible to get a link to subscribed blogs, and my own blogcommentslist? Not comment written by me, but given to me?

Comment

You need to add the links within the table cell like this:

HTML Code:
                    <tr>
                     <td class="thead"><a href="blog_usercp.php$session[sessionurl_q]">$vbphrase[blog]</a></td>
                    <td><a href="blog.php$session[sessionurl_q]">Blog</a></td>
                    <td><a href="blog_post.php?$session[sessionurl]do=newblog">Post</a></td>
                    </tr>
                    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie Bingham View Post
                      The blog link is there in case someone goes looking for the blog settings in the User CP. I felt that the blog links made the User CP too crowded so I opted for it to have its own section. At the time that we redesign the User CP, we can reevaluate placing the Blog setting there.
                      Why not make the sections of the usercp menu like in the admin cp where they can be collapsed or as dropdowns?

Having the blog header link to the edit options is confusing to some if they are looking to go to their blog or add a blog entry directly from their usercp.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X