Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• djxcee
    replied
    Is there any way to disable this? Or will there be an option included in 2.0 ?

Leave a comment:

• trana
    replied
    Any idea when we might see the images fix? The blog system is extremely limited without this feature.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• trana
    replied
    Thanks!

Also, for future revisions it would be nice if we could specify how many entries to show in the featured blog.

Leave a comment:

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    So you are referring to the blog entry list and not the featured entry. You can control the placement of the attachment by using the [attach] tag. I'll check why attachments are not being shown on the entry list as I agree that something needs to be there.

Leave a comment:

• trana
    replied
    Originally posted by Freddie Bingham View Post
    What are you talking about? The title of the feature entry links to the full version of the entry. As I said, I've added the ability to turn this on/off to the todo list.
    I think the point we are trying to make is that ALL the blog systems in existence give you the ability to show an image in the list of entries. Not having the ability to put a picture into this "blog entry list" basically destroys the flow of reading the blog itself. At least that is what I have found with my experiences with it thus far.

It needs to show either the first file attachment or the first URL bbcode included in the text.

Also, it would be REALLY handle to be able to control the placement of the image on a per post basis, so on some of them I can put the image above the text, on some of them I can put it on the left, and in others I can do word wrap aligned on one side of the photo.

IMO, that is what is missing here.

Leave a comment:

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    Originally posted by pjcnlv View Post
    Jeeze.. What a disapointment.

So the Blog is broken 'till 3.7 (perhaps) of VBulletin is out?

I am sorry but the presentation of the blog on the featured page simply sucks. There is no Blog app on this planet that inserts tags like [attachment] or [link] in the snippet post body at least not without an active link the content it is supposed to represent.

Not allowing attachments to comments is another problem. Why did you do that?
    What are you talking about? The title of the feature entry links to the full version of the entry. As I said, I've added the ability to turn this on/off to the todo list.

Leave a comment:

• pjcnlv
    replied
    Jeeze.. What a disapointment.

So the Blog is broken 'till 3.7 (perhaps) of VBulletin is out?

I am sorry but the presentation of the blog on the featured page simply sucks. There is no Blog app on this planet that inserts tags like [attachment] or [link] in the snippet post body at least not without an active link the content it is supposed to represent.

Not allowing attachments to comments is another problem. Why did you do that?

Leave a comment:

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    v1.0.1 will have the same replacement text in the featured entry as 1.0.0.

Leave a comment:

• pjcnlv
    replied
    I eagerly await v1.0.1 as v1.0.0 is not deployable.

Leave a comment:

• trana
    replied
    Originally posted by trana View Post
    Why can we display images that are attached as html links and not images that are attachments within VB?
    Can anyone answer this?

Leave a comment:

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    3.6 doesn't support that so we are limited at the present.

Leave a comment:

• pjcnlv
    replied
    THIS IS VERY BROKEN!

Not having images in the snippets is one issue, the bigger is the ugly tags that do show in the snippets when images and, or links are embedded in the blog post.

Right now, I am holding back on introducing the Blog app to my user base as IMVSO, it is not ready for use.

Leave a comment:

• Lizard King
    replied
    It is the [img] tag that is most at fault for destroying the layout.
    Then why not Jelsoft prepare a good image resize mod that can be configured for showthreads , blog pages etc.. which will save all webmasters lifes who choose to use fixed styles.

Leave a comment:

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    It is the [img] tag that is most at fault for destroying the layout.

Leave a comment:

• pjcnlv
    replied
    Obviously, since it replaces the images and links with [LINK], [IMAGE], and [ATTACHMENT], it is worked as it was designed.

The featured post has different requirements than the other view. If you have a monster profile picture and a monster image bumping into each other then your layout has been destroyed.

We can add an option so that you can have it either way though.
    Thanks for the consideration.

I do not think we will have an issue with images in snippet view as they are handled just like in the forums, i.e. a thumbnail is presented of the original attachment.

What is most annoying now is the presentation of the
    [Attachment] and [Link] text in the snippet view at http://www.baja.net/forums/blog.php

Leave a comment: