Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mysql and Vbulletin

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mysql and Vbulletin

    i need the following information to edit my config.php file for a vbulletin i am trying to setup.

    // type of database running
    // (only mysql is supported at the moment)
    $dbservertype="mysql";

    // hostname or ip of server
    $servername="localhost";

    // username and password to log onto db server
    $dbusername="root";
    $dbpassword="";

    // name of database
    $dbname="freewareforum";

    //password needed to enter the control panel
    $cppassword="foy4wellesley";


    that is what i need to fill out, and i don't know the correct information. I did setup [url]http://www.dead-devils-radio.com/phpinfo.php[/url] which shows alot of the information but i still could not figure it out at all........

    i get the following message when i try to set it up:
    Warning: Access denied for user: '[email protected]' (Using password: NO) in /home/web/dead-devils-radio.com/htdocs/leveljumpers/admin/db_mysql.php on line 29

    There seems to have been a slight problem with the database. Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

    An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

    We apologise for any inconvenience.


    I'm looking to buy a "real" version of this once i learn how to set all this up, im new to working with mysql

  • #2
    The best way to ensure you get the right information is to speak to your host. They will know exactly what you need to put down,

    Comment


    • #3
      i can't seen to get it to work

      // hostname or ip of server
      $servername="localhost";

      ^ do you usually leave the above as is? My host said he thinks you just keep it as localhost, but it still doesn't seem to be working.

      Now i get
      Warning: Access denied for user: '[email protected]' (Using password: YES) in /home/web/dead-devils-radio.com/htdocs/leveljumpers/admin/db_mysql.php on line 29


      On the previous one it said "(Using password: NO)

      Comment


      • #4
        [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by mtcarpenter [/i]
        [B]i can't seen to get it to work

        // hostname or ip of server
        $servername="localhost";

        ^ do you usually leave the above as is? My host said he thinks you just keep it as localhost, but it still doesn't seem to be working.

        Now i get
        Warning: Access denied for user: '[email protected]' (Using password: YES) in /home/web/dead-devils-radio.com/htdocs/leveljumpers/admin/db_mysql.php on line 29


        On the previous one it said "(Using password: NO) [/B][/QUOTE]
        It appears there is a mysql server running on "localhost". Therefore I would think the hostname is already the right one. Did you already create the database and user account for accessing it? If not, then you have to now. If yes, enter in the fields the particular data.

        Alexander

        Comment


        • #5
          I have the same problem here: [url]http://jlo-boards.com.curvedspaces.com[/url] and they provided me with the info!

          Can someone [I]please[/I] help...

          Comment


          • #6
            If they have provided you with the info and it still doesn't work, then either:
            [li=1][*]You are entering it wrong[*]They are giving you the wrong information
            [/li]

            You really need to ask them.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re:Mysql and Vbulletin

              [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by mtcarpenter [/i]
              [B]i need the following information to edit my config.php file for a vbulletin i am trying to setup.

              // type of database running
              // (only mysql is supported at the moment)
              $dbservertype="mysql";

              // hostname or ip of server
              $servername="localhost";

              // username and password to log onto db server
              $dbusername="root";
              $dbpassword="";

              // name of database
              $dbname="freewareforum";

              //password needed to enter the control panel
              $cppassword="foy4wellesley";
              [/B][/QUOTE]

              Hi guys.
              My first post.
              Hope can help someone and could be helped ( :D)

              I successfully installed yesterday (after getting the same errors code), the lite version using the excellent explanation made by Kier,
              [url]http://www.kier.f2s.com/[/url]
              and everything runs very well.

              The ones you posted is the original of config.php, as you find it after download.

              so you have to change with your data set-up:

              [B]// hostname or ip of server[/B] : in most cases you can leave it as localhost


              [B]// username and password to log onto db server
              $dbusername="root";
              $dbpassword="";[/B]

              here you need to insert the username and password you have to access your database. In most cases is the same you get for connection to your server. So cancel 'root' and put user and psswrd they gave you usually in a confirmation e-mail.

              [B]// name of database
              $dbname="freewareforum";[/B]

              Here cancel 'freeware forum' and insert the [B]name[/B] of your database. (also this parameter was sent in the notification mail by the provider)

              [B]//password needed to enter the control panel
              $cppassword="foy4wellesley";[/B]

              Here cancel "foyxxxx" and insert the password you prefer.

              Hope it runs.
              :)

              P.S. Sorry for my bad english.

              Comment


              • #8
                Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mail() in /users/curvedspaces.com/jlo-boards/admin/db_mysql.php on line 139

                This is the message I get now after changing the thing to localhost. Ill check out the site Yosemite

                Comment


                • #9
                  That means whichever provider you are with does not support php's mail() function.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ~ AlyssaLover ~ [/i]
                    [B]Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mail() in /users/curvedspaces.com/jlo-boards/admin/db_mysql.php on line 139

                    This is the message I get now after changing the thing to localhost. Ill check out the site Yosemite [/B][/QUOTE]

                    Ok Al.

                    The fact is we used the same provider, (mine is coolfreepage.com). So i think we've to do the same set-up.
                    Or you can go to the support forum where you cand find other people in trouble (including mine post made yesterday, with no replies :mad: ).

                    Now i'm sure you should use [B]Localhost[/B] as hostname

                    Is your user somethink like nacxxxxx ?
                    Is your database name like DB_xxxxx ?

                    If so, follow the instruction above, and you'll be fine!
                    Remember that user and psswrd to connect to your db are the same that you use to connect to your free space!

                    Just another question:
                    Did you installed php my admin?
                    If so, what version? Is it running well?

                    At first i installed the latest version avaible, to discover that it doesn't run well onto this server ( I got some errors and couldn't see the left frame.....)
                    So I unistalled and inserted the 2.0.5. version, as someone adviced in the support forum, that runs fine.

                    Bye.

                    Yosemite

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JamesUS [/i]
                      [B]That means whichever provider you are with does not support php's mail() function. [/B][/QUOTE]

                      That's right.

                      No Mail() nor phpinfo() or all socket functions.
                      They wrote on faq's for security reasons.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        kier your a saviour man! Your tutorial was brill and explained everything in such clear detail. The reason I didn't buy vB before was the difficult installation etc but now it seems easy!

                        Thanx!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

                        :) Well done!:)

                        Comment

                        widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X