Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maiji
    replied
    Oh please, there are plenty of free hosts with PHP and MySQL support.

Coolfreepages.com, spaceprots.com, hotlinks.co.uk to name but 3 (Sorry can't be bothered to insert links)

Leave a comment:

• DWZ
    replied
    Myacen is great. USD$25 [b]PER YEAR[/b] ie. about $2 per month.

They have mySQL, PHP, Perl all the rest. They are great guys over there. Great tech support. Got my site up and running in a little over 2 days. I am yet to have any down time except that once for like 2 minutes when they had to reboot the computers.

50mb space, 5gb transfer each month. You will need to get a domian too, but thats like USD$8 per year - myacen can do that too.

Main site: [url]http://www.myacen.com/[/url]
    Pricing Plans: [url]http://www.myacen.com/virtualhosting.html[/url]

And no, I dont work for myacen, I am just really happy with them.

Leave a comment:

• zoid
    replied
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dawn. [/i]
    [B]any chance that this will work with Cogeco Cable modems?

..and while I'm here, here's my dumb question of the hour...what's the difference between php and php3??

Thanks guys.. [/B][/QUOTE]
    Whether it will work with cable modems? Do you want to run it locally on your PC?! I dont see a reason why it should not work.

.php is the extension for php4 scripts, .php3 is the extension of php3 scripts.

Alexander

Leave a comment:

• tomk
    replied
    I will..

I am in the middle of setting up a couple of servers to host vBBS and phpbb sites for free.

Give me week or two work out the quirks and little issues I'm having and I will post back here when I'm ready to host.

Of course if your looking to pass 100's of GB of traffic each month, I'm most likely not where you want to host. I'm looking to host the small to medium size sites, as I have about 660GB/transfer of capacity each month on a couple of servers.

Email me and I will keep you informed of the status of this project.

I won't run ads etc, I will just accept paypal donations if you so desire.

TomK

Leave a comment:

• Cluster
    replied
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nmare [/i]
    [B][url]www.unrealhost.net[/url] has a hosting plan as cheap as $10 a month[/B][/QUOTE]
    [URL=http://www.spiralhost.com/]SpiralHost[/URL] offers MySQL + PHP for only $6/month. Never tried them, though. I host my own stuff. :p

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dawn.[/i]
    [B]any chance that this will work with Cogeco Cable modems?

..and while I'm here, here's my dumb question of the hour...what's the difference between php and php3??[/B][/QUOTE]
    If you're asking whether you can run it yourself with a Cable internet connection, the answer is yes, if you can set everything up correctly.

I don't think there's any difference regarding PHP extensions. In the web server configuration, both extensions are being treated the same way.

Leave a comment:

• Dawn.
    replied
    any chance that this will work with Cogeco Cable modems?

..and while I'm here, here's my dumb question of the hour...what's the difference between php and php3??

Thanks guys..

Leave a comment:

• newbe401
    replied
    coolfrepages is fre and suport vbulletin.

Leave a comment:

• Nmare
    replied
    [url]www.unrealhost.net[/url] has a hosting plan as cheap as $10 a month, its a great hosting company too! :) But if youre looking for a free one, dont know of any.

Leave a comment:

• mojo
    replied
    Are their any free sites that support this software that is in English? I cant read anything on that Multimania page.

Leave a comment:

• zoid
    replied
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by downhillskier [/i]
    [B]i need a web host that will host a vb or vb lite for cheep.
    any free ones??? [/B][/QUOTE]
    [URL=http://www.multimania.lycos.fr/general/membre/]Multimania[/URL] would be a free one.

Alexander

Leave a comment:

• downhillskier
    replied
    i need a web host that will host a vb or vb lite for cheep.
    any free ones???

Leave a comment:

• Kaizen
    replied
    If you need a webhost let me know what you need and i could recommend one.

Just tell me what you need.

Leave a comment:

• Kaizen
    replied
    Vbulletin/Vblite reqquires php and mysql.

I am pretty sure that geocities doesn't support these.

There are a few webhosts who post on this forum. One of them may help you or offer you a deal.

Leave a comment:

• mettlehead
    started a topic VBulletin possible @ geocities.com?

VBulletin possible @ geocities.com?

Hi I am wondering if this message board system can be used in geocities, the server with which I'm associated with.
    And if so, does anyone out there have a clear tutorial on how this is accomplished?
    thank you!
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X