No announcement yet.

Was Working -- Now CGI Error ?!?!?!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Working -- Now CGI Error ?!?!?!?!?

I'm running Win98, Personal Web Server, latest versions of PHP and MySQL.

My board was running just fine (except for some missing images -- see other post).

I opened the Personal Web Manager and did the following under the "Advanced" menu:
    [list][*]Clicked on the "Allow Directory Browsing" to turn that feature OFF[*]Double-clicked the /cgi-bin VIRTUAL directory[*]Changed the Acess from Excute to Read AND Execute[/list]

Then when I tried to open my board (yes, the url is correct) I got the following error message:

[quote]CGI Error
    The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:[/QUOTE]

I went back into the Personal Web Manager and put it back to the way it was (turned directory browsing on and reset the acess properties of the cgi-bin virtual directory). However, the error message remains. I can't "refresh" my browser to get rid of it.

I don't know what this means or why I'm suddenly seeing it. And, most importantly, I don't know how to go back to the way it was!

Help please.

Thanks.
    Andy Young

vBulletin v2.2.2
    MySQL v3.23.42
    PHP v 4.0.6
    Windows NT Server

My server can no longer read .cgi or .pl scripts either. Somehow my server completely lost the ability to run any of these scripts. I'm at a total loss right now.
    Andy Young

vBulletin v2.2.2
    MySQL v3.23.42
    PHP v 4.0.6
    Windows NT Server

Comment

Well, I "fixed" it. Though it was really strange. I think it had to do with the fact that I was stuffing so much stuff in my root's cgi-bin folder.

Essentially, I deleted everything and re-installed in a new folder outside my cgi-bin. Everything works now.

Feel free to close/delete this thread.
      Andy Young

vBulletin v2.2.2
      MySQL v3.23.42
      PHP v 4.0.6
      Windows NT Server

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X