Total beginner, question....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Total beginner, question....

I have to wait 'til tomorrow before my f2s.com account is ready. Is there anything I can be looking at now while I'm waiting to get familiar with all this SQL and Php stuff. I'm a total beginner at this though I have a couple of years programming from college.
    TIA, G :D

I am a newbie too here:

I would try starting out with reading websites on php, I am a newbie too with 2 months of struggling under my belt.

[url]www.php.net[/url] (also in their links section, check out the php resource index website for free scripts)

[url]www.wrox.com[/url] they have 2 books and the source code files for the chapters (Beginning PHP and Professional PHP Programming books) I have the book and source files from their site, just enter in the search PHP and those 2 will come up. These books have NO CD...

[url]www.hotscripts.com[/url] has free php scripts

Another good book but it's huge...is PHP & MYSQL Web Development" by SAMS PUBLISHING comes with a CD.

I hope these help you for now, as I am still struggling myself. <g>

For guestbooks: try [url]www.netone.at[/url] (I haven't figured out how to get it to work yet)
    For free boards: try:
    [url]www.phpbb.com[/url]
    [url]www.ikonboard.com[/url]
    [url]www.vbulletin.com[/url]
    [url]http://www.ub2k.com[/url] (Ultra Board2000)

If you really get stuck there's a low-fee hosting that has a control panel to help install UltraBoard2000 at [url]www.communitech.net[/url] ...I tested one out and it worked fast! But I am on a budget, so I went with f2s.com, but can't seem to get anything to show up yet on there...I have learned a great deal on PHP, but can't seem to get anything working yet LOL!...Oh also check out slashdot.

Good Luck! ;)
    Kewlpher
    Last edited by Kewlphper; Fri 4 May '01, 9:46am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X