Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brewhaus
    replied
    I realize that it will not change previously uploaded files, but new uploads are still being held to the old maximum values for some reason. I guess that it is time to upgrade.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    After you make the changes it will only apply to new uploads as resizing and the "truncating" happens on save. Old attachments will remain at their previous sizes.

If it is happening to new uploads than there is a bug or some other issue causing it. However as you said you have very old software so we aren't fixing any bugs or other issues in it.

Leave a comment:

• Brewhaus
    replied
    That is where I made the changes. I also increased the maximum dimensions. However, when you try to upload a file larger than 20K it still truncates it to 20K.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Attachments -> Attachment Manager. 20K is the default size allowed per image type. You'll need to update it there.

Leave a comment:

• Photos being truncated to 20KB despite changing settings

Alright, admittedly I am on an ancient version of vBulletin (3.7.0), but things run smoothly so I see no reason to rock the boat. However, even after changing the individual attachment limits to 250,000 bytes (from the default 20,000 bytes) all attachments are still being truncated to 20KB. The 'quick stats' show a max upload of 2MB and post size of 8MB. Is there another setting that we are missing, or is something not functioning correctly?