X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my vb 3.7.1pl1 error need solution

www.investplus.us/forum and could see the following errors:

====
    Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/investpl/public_html/forum/includes/init.php on line 49

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/investpl/public_html/forum/includes/init.php on line 97
    ====
    how to fixed?
    version 3.7.3 pl1
    Last edited by cekcok; Tue 3 Apr '12, 8:17am. Reason: version update

What version of php are you running on the server? vB3.7 is not compatible with PHP 5.3.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
      What version of php are you running on the server? vB3.7 is not compatible with PHP 5.3.
      here the answer from my hosting
      Thank you for your reply and your patience during this time. I was able to get the site to resolve, but there are now errors on the page. Upon investigating the errors it appears that they are coding related and due to the code being for PHP4, whereas the server is running PHP5.

You may want to contact a developer to investigate that issue further as coding issues fall beyond our scope of support.
      so .what should i do.?any solution? because i don't have enough budget to upgrade to latest version for this license.

Comment

PHP versions up to and including PHP5.2 are all fine with that version, it is PHP5.3 that is not (your host didn't specify which version of PHP5 they are running). The solution is to get moved to a server not running PHP5.3 or to upgrade to 3.8.7.
        Last edited by Lynne; Sun 8 Apr '12, 10:34am.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment