Site will not accept my admin password

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site will not accept my admin password

I'm running version 3.7.4 and all has been running just fine. Due to the recent tornados and damage in my area I was not able to get to my site for a couple of weeks, now that I am back, the site will not take my password. I have tried the password reset and I never get a mail from the site for the link to change it. I have went in through PHP and rest it that way and it still says NO, all others are still accessing my site and I am the only admin.
    I can't create another user and use the tools.php to make it a admin because all my new users are not active until I make them trough the admin panel. also, when I uploaded tools.php, when viewing it I just get a blank page.
    I really need to get on my site and i would appreciate any help to regain access. looking at my profile through PHP my admin, my name, email and encrytped password are all intact. is there anything else that would stop me from logging in?
    Thanks in advance!!

It doesn't matter if the user isn't active when you create them to then use tools.php to promote them to admin. You say you get a blank page when uploading tools.php to your admincp. Are you using the correct url to the page? Do you also have the needed files in the /install directory for the tools script to run?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X