I need your help vBulletin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need your help vBulletin

I dont know which forum to put this in so ill put it here. The email option doesnt work on my vbulletin forum. It wont send emails when someone registers or when someone requests their password. My host couldnt help me because they dont know how the email option on vbulletin works and they told me they werent farmilar with the software. How much would it cost me for you guys to take a look at my forum and getting my email settings squared away?>
    Last edited by sexypbobb; Thu 3 Mar '11, 2:46pm.

vB uses the server for it's email. Assuming you have not disabled emails in the Admin CP or in config.php, then if there are problems the issue is either with the server itself or on the receiving end.

Please see this page for help troubleshooting email problems:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/troubleshoot_email
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hey Steve, I was wondering how much it would cost me for you guys to fix it because everything i've ever tried never worked. I dont know what else to do. Steve, I truely appreciate your responces everytime I ask you guys a question. I've never had this email problem with my other websites in the past.

Comment

I'm sure there are plenty of people on here who would be willing to help you for free.

Comment

Do you get email notifications of Private Messages etc?

Have you tried switching to SMTP email?
          Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
          -
          *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
          - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
          - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

All email notifications on my vbulletin dont work.

Comment

You need to follow the steps in the link I posted. Otherwise you will need to contact your host to find out what is happening to these emails.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X