Private.php Hangs on PM Send

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private.php Hangs on PM Send

Just moved a forum to a new server and I'm having issues with sending PMs and the PM Data Manager...

I've debugged down to private.php:

Code:
    // everything's good!
      $pmdm->save();
    This line hangs the entire process up. Any ideas what would cause the data manager to hang (and eventually timeout)? Logs show nothing.
    Ted & the Giftery.me Team

New features released for Product Review Forums 1.3 (4.0)
    Helpful Answers (3.8) (4.0) | Limited Guest Viewing (3.8) (4.0)

Try disabling your modifications/plugins and see if you still have this problem. It could be a mod that is causing the problem there.
    Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

PHP Code:
    define('DISABLE_HOOKS'true); 

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Thank you Lynne but unfortunately disabling plugins did not resolve the issue.

Comment

What error do you get?

Comment

None. The script simply hangs until Apache eventually times out.

Comment

Hmmm, then try this:
            Create a new style with no parent:
            • Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Add New Style
            • Parent Style: No Parent Style
            • Title: Default vBulletin
            • Allow User Selection: Yes
            • Save

Then browse the site using that totally default vbulletin style - do you still have the same problem?

But also, take a look at your error_logs (if you don't know where they are, ask your host) as there may be more information about this in there.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

Thanks again Lynne.

Did a complete upgrade to 3.8.4 current, setup a new style and no luck.

Also no luck with the error log -- it shows nothing (log level set to error).

Comment

Then you should start a support ticket!

Comment

Nothing in your error_log? Wow. Usually there is something in there from some wrong link someone clicks.

If you are turned off plugins and are using a default style, the only other thing I can think of is to make sure you upload all default files.

Also, check maintenance > diagnostics > problematic webserver modules. Does anything show up there?

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
                    Nothing in your error_log? Wow. Usually there is something in there from some wrong link someone clicks.

If you are turned off plugins and are using a default style, the only other thing I can think of is to make sure you upload all default files.

Also, check maintenance > diagnostics > problematic webserver modules. Does anything show up there?

Nope! Just to be sure it wasn't the files I did a clean file install and nothing. I'm thinking this may be a server issue that I'll have to dig into. Any idea how the data store actually stores PMs so I know where to look?

Comment

One additional fact, PMs are making it to the user so the script is geting that far before timing out.

Comment

You can try looking in includes/class_dm_pm.php . But, also do that diagnotics test I mentioned. I don't know that anything will show up, but who knows.

Comment

I gave it a shot, no luck (everything was no).

Playing with the source code now. Thanks

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X