Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stopping PM's

Guys,

Is it possible to restrict a members ability to send PM's?

I have a troublesome member who is causing PM havoc while awaiting verification, I banned him but he keeps rejoining, obviously when I see him I dont let him in but he still can send PM's

How can I silence him?

You really need to prevent that entire usergroup from sending PMs.

ACP> Usergroups > Usergroup Manager> Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Private Message Permissions
    "Maximum Stored Messages:If you set this to 0 users from this usergroup will not be able to use private messaging."

Comment

Many thanks, that has helped me a lot

Comment

Guys,

If anyone could again help.

How would I go about banning an existing member from sending PM's whilst still retaining his other member options to post etc?

Comment

This is a usergroup option only. You would have to create a new usergroup with the appropriate permissions and put that member in that group.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
            This is a usergroup option only. You would have to create a new usergroup with the appropriate permissions and put that member in that group.
            Yes, this is what i have done. I recreate the usergroup so that it looks exactly the same but i set the permissions to restrict what the member can do. I call it the 'Naughty members' usergroup and any troublesome member gets put in there.

Comment

Many thanks guys

Comment

Working...
              X