mysql error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mysql error

Last weekend my side was down for several hours, and i received about 4000 mysql database errors. I did not make any changes and my site is hosted on a virtual server. The error i received is below. I contacted my hosting company and they said that there was nothing wrong on their end. But what i find difficult to understand is that there was no changes made on my side, and then all of a sudden the site came back up on it's own, i did nothing to resolve this issue.

Here is the errors i received:

Database error in vBulletin :

mysql_connect() [<a
    href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Can't connect
    to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (11)
    /home/tampaspo/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 311

MySQL Error :
    Error Number :
    Request Date : Thursday, April 9th 2009 @ 01:59:55 AM
    Error Date : Thursday, April 9th 2009 @ 01:59:55 AM
    Script : http://www.tampasportbikes.com/forum...ead.php?t=1284
    Referrer :
    IP Address :
    Username :
    Classname : vB_Database
    MySQL Version :
    Anyone have any input on this?

Thanks
    Last edited by griffinzx10; Sun 12th Apr '09, 6:57pm.

Yeah, the server couldn't be reached, so vBulletin reports it can't run. If you have a lot of users browsing, that will be a lot of emails to you.

And yeah, hosting providers usually reply with that everything works great on their end. Imagine having to give support

You can ask them for the MySQL server log files covering that period, so you can see why MySQL was up or down.

Comment

The past month i have been getting more and more of these errors, the hosting company told me that it could be a corruption in my database...

Database error in vBulletin :

mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Can't
      connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (11)
      /home/tampaspo/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 311

MySQL Error :
      Error Number :
      Request Date : Monday, May 18th 2009 @ 09:00:29 PM
      Error Date : Monday, May 18th 2009 @ 09:00:29 PM
      Script : http://www.tampasportbikes.com/forum/
      Referrer :
      IP Address :
      Username :
      Classname : vB_Database
      MySQL Version :

Comment

Assuming the info in your config.php file is correct, then this is a server issue. You will need to contact your host about this. Please see this page for the causes of this error:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/cantconnect
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
          Assuming the info in your config.php file is correct, then this is a server issue. You will need to contact your host about this. Please see this page for the causes of this error:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/cantconnect
          Thank you for the response as always Steve.

My question is this, i have not changed ANYTHING in my config.php file in years, I dont change much on the site other than adding some hacks to make the site better or upgrading to a newer version of VB and just recently (a few months ago) added a new template.

So there shouldnt be many if any changes to that file...

Comment

Then this means it's a server issue, which is true 99% of the time with that error. This is something you need to contact your host about.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Again, I thank you Steve for your help....

Comment

Working...
              X