Question: Site Merging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question: Site Merging

This is a quick question, should easily be answered right away if you have time.

My friend and I are starting a media company, got a site up in a temporary state but we're really going to get it going soon enough. I would like to know if possible to change the domain name of the forum from www.tonycomix.com/forum into another domain url name. Not yet, but when it comes up, I'd like to know what proper procedures I need to work with so it can successfully transfer without losing anything.

Is it possible to change it by going into my vbulletin member registration (where I purchased my VBulletin) or do I need to buy another forum just for that and just shut down this one? It would seem quite a waste IMO that way. Any answers would be most appreciated, I'm still a touchy little softy when it comes to this stuff, most of the time I over think anything.
    My Web Comic Please Vote

please vote for my comic, it'd mean the world to me.

You can change the location of your vBulletin forums just as long as you are only running one copy at a time.

Be sure to update the forum URL in the Members Area under 'License Options':

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Okay, thank you for the timely response, I appreciate it!
      My Web Comic Please Vote

please vote for my comic, it'd mean the world to me.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X