Notification of new threads and posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notification of new threads and posts

When I installed the forums about 1 year ago I remember setting an e-mail address somewhere that alerts when there is a new thread or post. I remember something prompting me if I wanted to be notified as a way of keeping an eye on things. I know that I set one that alerts when new members sign up but cant seem to find the global one for all forums. I did some searching here in the forums and seems that it has to be set in the forums manager individually for either the category of forums. We have about 5 categories with about a dozen forums. I just dont recall setting each one and whats even stranger is that I have checked each category and forumfields for:

Email Addresses to Notify When there is a New Post:
    Email Addresses to Notify When there is a New Thread:

All of them are blank, no e-mail address but I am still getting them.

I'm wondering if this is a bug in 3.7.0, like it inserted the e-mail to the database but doesnt reveal when looking at the admin section.

There is some more odd behavior with this but I'll just stick with this for now.

Thanks guys.

John G

Moderators can get emails too:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Show All Moderators -> Edit -> Receive Email When a New Post is Created
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Steve,

You are the man!!! That was it. You have no idea how long this has been bugging me... every time I would start to look into this I would get sidetracked but today was the day thanks to you.

Email Preferences:
      Receive Email When a New Thread is Created: Yes
      Receive Email When a New Post is Created: Yes

Thanks again!

John G

Comment

You're welcome.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X