I reciave this problem when I upload an avatar for a member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I reciave this problem when I upload an avatar for a member

I reciave this problem when I upload an avatar for a member ..from my admin panel ( picture below)

I can note that istead of this problem the avatar is uploaded with success .

what is this problem ?

thanks
    Attached Files
    Webmaster Pro Guide | Arcade 7 games | Themers

from here.. LINKY

Open_base restrictions permit PHP applications to be run only from your domain name (your account). You will receive open_base restriction errors when running a script from the shared URL e.g. http://serverip/~username or similar.
    Removing the open_base restriction creates a security risk and lowers the overall security of our servers.

When you run the script from your domain name you will not experience these errors.
    Simple Straight Forward EU cPanel vBulletin Web Hosting Provider.

Comment

but my site is runned from a virtual server .
      so it not on a shared hosting ..
      Webmaster Pro Guide | Arcade 7 games | Themers

Comment

I fixed it on my end...

I am running vbulletin 4.x and I received the error: open_base dir restriction in effect. etc etc
        Also the error: filename cannot be empty in path/includes/class_image.php on line 333

I tried to edit the actual files, didn't work. Then I found a post on a Google search http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/archi.../t-283290.html and I followed the directions.

I went to Options>>Server Settings and Optimization Options>> and for 'Safe Mode Upload Enabled' option I selected 'yes'. I created a temp directory within my forum directory (not sure if that is secure or not) and I set permissions on it to 777. I then went to the option 'Safe Mode Temporary Directory' and I set the full path to my new tmp file there. I should look something like: /home/sitedirectory/public_html/forum/temp

Now when I try to set a custom avatar, I receive no problems or errors.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X