Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preserve user session at all costs

Hi,

Anybody know how to preserve the user session to the maximum extent? I've got my session timeout set high, but there's another thing.

If your internet connection is interrupted as wireless connections sometimes are, your are signed out of vbulletin, at least in my experience. Yet, I know of at least one instance of vbulletin where this does not happen. This is annoying to me as I'm in a remote location using a sat modem, and every time the connection is cut and I reconnect, I have to sign in again.

Therefore, I'm hoping that someone can point me to a setting. In general I just don't see the point of logging users out, ever, until they do it themselves either by clicking 'log out' or by clearing their browser. But that's just me.

Thanks!

Tell them to click on the 'Remember me' box when they login. This will keep them logged in as long as they are not blocking cookies, assuming of course you have no modifications that broke this.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

default?

Is there a way to have "Remember Me" turned on by default?

Comment

Here are the instructions for enabling 'Remember me' by default:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=169444
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

license status?

Thanks for the excellent support. Apparently I am not allowed to view the code on that page 'until I prove license status.' I have already done this, haven't I? I clicked the link again, entered my customer info again, and went to the same screen where my email addresses are listed.

What do I need to do to view this code?

Thanks again..

Comment

It will take up to an hour to update your status at vBulletin.org once you update the form. If it doesn't occur within an hour please open a support ticket.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I still cannot access this code and it has been days. I have "updated my license agreement" at least five times. A screenshot is attached. Don't take this personally - the support itself has been great - but this is terribly annoying - how many times do I have to prove that I am a valid vbulletin customer? Please advise on what I can do to see this code.
              Attached Files

Comment

Your user is showing as licensed on vBulletin.com and vBulletin.org

Comment

Yes, but I still cannot view the code. Attached is an snapshot of what I am seeing.

Could somebody just repost the code in this thread? I would appreciate it. Apparently I am just not going to be able to view code on vbulletin .org.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Start a thread @ .org

Comment

Somebody finally threw a switch somewhere and I'm able to view the code. Thanks for the solution to the original question in this post, it works fine.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X