Edit Avatars - Mysterious <if> condition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edit Avatars - Mysterious <if> condition

I've been customizing my user cp shell, and noticed that the Edit Avatars link went missing. Fair enough, maybe I accidentally deleted it.

So I went to re-add it, and put the following original code.

Code:
    <if condition="$show['avatarlink']">
    	<tr><td class="$navclass[avatar]" nowrap="nowrap"><a class="smallfont" href="profile.php?$session[sessionurl]do=editavatar">$vbphrase[edit_avatar]</a></td></tr>
    	</if>
    The link did not show up after I entered this code into the template. I checked my user picture settings and both avatars and profile pictures are enabled. Is there some other setting I missed? For the time being I simply removed the <if> tags and the link shows up fine in the user cp shell. Will I experience any problems because I took the <if> tags out?

Many thanks.

Enable Avatars set to &quot;yes,&quot; but still disabled??

Something's definitely up with the settings.

The link appears fine as described above, but the user has no option to upload an avatar. The only option is "do not use an avatar." I've attached an image.

As I said, Avatars are definitely set to "yes" in the user picture options, in vbulletin options. But the site is behaving like it's set to "no." Avatar permissions are all set "yes."

Please help!
    Attached Files

Comment

If the usergroup does not have permissions to use custom avatars in their usergroup permissions then the condition will be set to No and the link will not show. For users to use custom avatars this needs to be set to Yes in the usergroup permissions.

Comment

thanks

Hi Kerry-Anne,

Thanks - I was hoping it was just a yes/no setting somewhere, thanks for the information! It works fine now.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X