Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why am I notified about new users, but they don't show up in my queue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newsman
    replied
    Originally posted by MusicaMod View Post
    This has happened a couple of times. I get a notification in my inbox, to approve a new user. But when I go to list of Users Awaiting approval, that person is not there. Their usergroup says they are in the waiting bunch, but they don't show up ready to approve. Why??????
    and I think I just did something I shouldn't have done....
    I went ahead and just manually changed their usergroup from Email awaiting confirmation to our Standard usergroup...but does that mean that they never got a welcome email back with futher instructions??? ARG!
    is it possible to find out if they ever received a welcome email?
    hmm...well...a couple things you can try...(and this is coming from a novice user..in no way am I an expert).

go to admincp-users-search for users. Then u'll see a few helpful links up top.

you can also go to admincp - usergroup manager- where the scroll down menu is for the "users awaiting emails" group..hit "show all primary users"...then u can change them into the registered group.

as far as the emails...I'm having the same problem...so u'll have to have sumone else answer that one for ya!
    Last edited by newsman; Wed 4 Feb '09, 11:36am. Reason: update post

Leave a comment:

• MusicaMod
    replied
    is it possible to find out if they ever received a welcome email?

Leave a comment:

• MusicaMod
    replied
    uh-oh

and I think I just did something I shouldn't have done....
    I went ahead and just manually changed their usergroup from Email awaiting confirmation to our Standard usergroup...but does that mean that they never got a welcome email back with futher instructions??? ARG!

Leave a comment:

• why am I notified about new users, but they don't show up in my queue?

This has happened a couple of times. I get a notification in my inbox, to approve a new user. But when I go to list of Users Awaiting approval, that person is not there. Their usergroup says they are in the waiting bunch, but they don't show up ready to approve. Why??????