Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• glennybee
    replied
    Here is a list of email addresses that you can ban. They are known to be used for spam.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=148061

Leave a comment:

• jpietrowiak
    started a topic Spamming of new forums

Spamming of new forums

Ok I am just curious if I am missing something or this is common with Vbulletin forums since it may be more popular. I am assuming and hoping this is not the case. I have a forum set up and is only a test forum right now and I am going to be importing a Punbb database into it. However it seems that the last 4 days or so I have had at least three people register and make a single post of spam content. I have the registration comfirmation setup as well as the image captcha setup. Am I missing something out of the box to prevent this? My Punbb has had almost no spam users registered, maybe 1 in about 6 months and after I get this setup I am going to import the data. I have already spent about $500 in vbulletin, photopost, vbclassifieds, and a lot of time to set it up. Can anyone tell me how to cut down or eliminate this from occuring or tell me if I am missing something? The last thing I want to do is be constantly moderating the forums.

Thanks
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X