Moving Attachment to a new server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving Attachment to a new server

I'm moving my forum to a new VPS server, the attachment location is changed from.

/vbulletin_data/attachments/ to /var/www/vhosts/reisforum.eu/vbulletin_data/attachments/

I have added
    PHP Code:
    $config['Misc']['debug'] = 1
    to the config.php and changed the location to /var/www/vhosts/reisforum.eu/vbulletin_data/attachments/ and set the rights to chmod 777 and the same user as all the vbulletin files.

And the attachments still not work?

Safe mode is off and i get the follow in the error log.

Code:
    [Tue Dec 30 14:35:00 2008] [error] [client 84.195.143.***] PHP Warning: fopen(/var/www/vhosts/reisforum.eu/vbulletin_data/attachments/3/40.thumb) [<a href='function.fopen'>function.fopen</a>]: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /var/www/vhosts/reisforum.eu/httpdocs/attachment.php on line 261, referer: http://www.reisforum.eu/showthread.php?t=2616
    allow_url_fopen is On (local) On (master)

my testforum reisforum.eu is behind .htaccess once evrything works i move reisforum.info to the new server.

I can't find the problem here.
    I hope someone can help me.

You do not change the location of attachments in the config.php file. Please see this: How Do I Change the Location of Attachments After a Server Move
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
      You do not change the location of attachments in the config.php file. Please see this: How Do I Change the Location of Attachments After a Server Move
      That's what i did, i added the
      $config['Misc']['debug'] = 1; in the config.php
      and changed the location in the CP --> Version Info and Other Untouchables

Comment

Are you trying to access attachments on a different server? What did you do exactly?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Are you trying to access attachments on a different server? What did you do exactly?
          No, I moved my forum to the new server, and i have copied the attachments to the new server. and set chmod 777

Then changed the location of the attachments in the CP --> Version Info and Other Untouchables

on my old server the attachments where stored at
          /vbulletin_data/attachments/

And on the new server
          /var/www/vhosts/reisforum.eu/vbulletin_data/attachments/

That's what i did.

Comment

For a test i tried to Rebuild Attachment Thumbnails
            and vbulletin says "error attachment missing" for all the files.

Comment

What do you see when you do a directory listing for this directory?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

What do you see when you do a directory listing for this directory?

I can see all the directory's and the files

[[email protected] ~]# cd /var/www/vhosts/reisforum.eu/vbulletin_data/attachments/
                [[email protected] attachments]# ls
                1 2 3 4 8
                [[email protected] attachments]#
                [[email protected] /]# cd /var/www/vhosts/reisforum.eu/vbulletin_data/attachments/1/0/1/7/
                [[email protected] 7]# ls
                19.attach 19.thumb 23.attach 23.thumb
                [[email protected] 7]#

In the Parallels file manager i can see the same.
                all file and directory's are chmod 777

Comment

I got another error

Code:
                  [Wed Dec 31 18:47:40 2008] [error] [client 84.195.143.***] PHP Warning:  is_readable() [<a href='function.is-readable'>function.is-readable</a>]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/var/www/vhosts/reisforum.eu/vbulletin_data/attachments/2/2/1/3/43.attach) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/reisforum.eu/httpdocs:/tmp) in /var/www/vhosts/reisforum.eu/httpdocs/admincp/misc.php on line 704, referer: http://www.reisforum.eu/admincp/misc.php?do=rebuildthumbs&startat=42&pp=25&quality=75&autoredirect=1
                  Last edited by Fred.; Sat 24 Oct '09, 8:37am.

Comment

I found it.

Open basedir was wrong
                    Problem Solved!

Happy New Year!

Comment

Glad to see you found it.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X