Promotion from one group to another not quite working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Promotion from one group to another not quite working

I followed the directions in this thread in order to create a group that can't use PMs, post new threads, etc. Basically to rid myself of deleting spam. The promotion piece works, but the "Full Access Users" group is denied access to view the forum completely. The permissions both at the group level and forum/category level say that they should have access (view/post/etc). I'm at a loss. Any ideas on what I am missing?
    Console Racing Review

Hard to know for sure but assuming you have no add-ons then this is a permissions issue somewhere.

Check the overall Usergroup permissions:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup

And the Forum permissions for each forum and Usergroup:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Permissions

Main Usergroup Permissions take precedence unless you override them with specific Forum/Usergroup permissions.

When multiple usergroups are involved, a 'Yes' permission always overides a 'No' permission if 'Allow Users to have Member Groups ' is set to 'Yes' for the Primary group. Same goes for a larger quota.

Note, the primary group must have 'Allow Users to have Member Groups' to 'Yes'. Otherwise the secondary settings are not applicable.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X