Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Limit - Forum Manager > Forum A > Email Addresses to Notify?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limit - Forum Manager > Forum A > Email Addresses to Notify?

Is there a limit to the number of email addresses to notify when there is a new post or thread in a specific forum?

The fields are designated as text fields so will hold approximately 16 million characters. However it would be difficult to maintain a large number of emails using that field and using more than 3-4 could hamper performance of your forums.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

I was hoping to populate this field with a list of 50-60 addresses, to provide instant notification of new posts/threads at the forum level for an entire user group. By vbulletin standards, the forum has near-zero activity. Would that number be deadly with respect to performance?

I've tried one of the mods over at vbulletin.org, but was not successful in getting it to work.

Thanks for the prompt response.

Bill

Comment

It might be better to create a mailing list that users can add / delete themselves from. You can add that email address to the forum notification list.

Also, if I am not mistaken, users CAN subscribe to a forum with email notification.

edit: yes, you can:
        http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/subsc...cription&f=135
        Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

It might be better to create a mailing list that users can add / delete themselves from. You can add that email address to the forum notification list.
          Could you briefly explain to me how to do that?

It turned out that my ISP offers a mail list service. I was able to set up a single email address as you suggested.

Thanks so much.

Bill
          Last edited by Bill Bickley; Mon 29 Dec '08, 8:51am. Reason: Update status.

Comment