Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

users are emailing through contact us that they are banned. only problem they aren't

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• users are emailing through contact us that they are banned. only problem they aren't

I have about 15 users who have emailed me over the past week asking why they have been banned from our forum. I do the usual check their posts, activity level, check to make sure they are still under registered users, double check their IP address against the block list...

So far all 15 fall under the same category. Their IP address isn't blocked, and they all still belong to registered users.

The forum is over 6 years old so our list of banned users ip addresses is huge, email address is huge, and list of banned users is huge. Is there a mod that allows for better control over who's banned? Or something that will allow me to override the ban list when a user contacts me?

thanks for the help,

If they use dynamic IP addresses then it is possible that they got one that you have banned. Other possibilities include:
    - User has been banned by a moderator or admin
    - User is in a banned usergroup

Modifications discussions and related enquries should all take place at www.vbulletin.org
    Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X