Time issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time issue

I have a time issue, I have set my server time to my time zone and VB is set to my time zone which is UTC-7 MST Mountain Standard Time.

only users that live in that time zone has the correct time stamp when posting.

We have been working on this for a long time and need to get this resolved, is there anything that I could have overlooked?

Users need to set the forum time correctly in their User CP. If they don't, then they probably see everything as being on the server time.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

they have set there time to the correct timezone in the user control panel and still the time is not correct

Comment

vBulletin gets its time from the server. You need to set the timezone in the Admin CP to whatever you want the default to be and the DST settings should match whatever settings are on the server.

Then each user needs to set their local timezones/DST in the User CP. If you do this correctly and the server time is correct, then the correct times will show.

This also assumes that you have not modified the footer template to affect the DST detection code in it.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

We will be looking at the footer template to see if that is the problem, I will get back with you on this.

Comment

I have been told that we have not modified the footer template. does any one have any other ideas on how to fix this?

Comment

Post #4 has all the possible explanations for this. vB gets its time from the server. It does not just make it up.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
                Post #4 has all the possible explanations for this. vB gets its time from the server. It does not just make it up.
                Actually, Steve, I found there is one other thing that can change the time - a modification. This happened to me on my site - once I uninstalled the modification, time was fixed for me.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

You're right of course. A mod can change anything, although this is the first one I've heard of that can cause a problem with the time. Thanks for the info.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X