Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deleted attachments by deleting threads doesn't remove them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleted attachments by deleting threads doesn't remove them?

See attached screenshots, I've done the following:

1) Deleted some threads with attachments, and chose "Physically Remove"

2) Used Admin CP > Attachments > Search to find attachments of certain sizes, and selective checked attachments and then Delete Selected Files.

About 24 hours later my Attachments folder on the server is still reporting the same 327 MB that it was before I started deleting attachments, yet the Admin CP > Attachment Statistics shows only 25 MB now (see attached screenshots).

How do I go about making vbulletin clean up and remove attachment files that have been deleted/removed from threads?

Running ver 3.6.7 PL1
    Attached Files

BTW, I deleted the bulk of attachments yesterday, about 19 to 21 hours ago.

Comment

I think there is a clean-up cron job that takes care of that. I remember reading it one day.
      www.Copiertalk.com - Everything Copier , Printer, Fax

Comment

Hmm.. well, it's now been a couple days since I deleted all those attachments, and I just downloaded the attachments folder again and it's still at the same 300+ MB in size.

Will absorbing attachments back into the database fix this? Or will it bring in all attachments in the attachments folders rather than just the attachments still associated with remaining threads?

Comment

I'm just encountering this issue -- a user uploaded a .doc file that I have now deleted (admin cp, attachments, search, searched by file name, delete, confirm delete. Search again and it doesn't show up there any longer. It also doesn't show under user's attachment cp any longer or on the public side in the post.)
          However the .doc file is indexed by google and if you click on the google link or know the url it is still downloadable.

How do I delete the actual file from the server? Attachments are set to be saved in the file system, how do I decipher the attachment link to delete the actual vbulletin generated filename on the server? Or is there an easier way to get this attachment deleted?
          Boat Design & Boat Building Forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X