X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vB Site hacked

I got an email today with the following info:

Database error in vBulletin :

mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
    /home/eyobicom/public_html/behindtheboards.com/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 311

MySQL Error :
    Error Number :
    Request Date : Saturday, December 6th 2008 @ 05:24:40 PM
    Error Date : Saturday, December 6th 2008 @ 05:24:40 PM
    Script : http://www.behindtheboards.com/forum...ayweek&month=6

The title of my site is BehindTheBoards.com
    The only noticeable difference with the forum is that all the status icons have been changed to the locked icon. I logged in as both a user and admin, and I was able to make and edit post. What should I look out for? This is a small site with very little traffic. Why would someone want to hack this site? When I first started out designing sites someone told me if I built sites, I would get hacked eventually.....and that is was just the nature of the beast. Just be sure to do back-ups. This is my first time getting a site hacked, and I wanted to get any input from you guyz that may help me.
    What should I do first? Should I restore the entire forum?

FYI
    I do have a back up about a week old.

What makes you think that your site is hacked ?

The email means that the database server was down at that time.

Comment

Assuming the db info in your config.php file is correct, this is a server issue. Please see this page for the causes of this error:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/cantconnect
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Working...
      X