• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    bklynjava

• bklynjava
    replied
    Originally posted by ScottiG View Post
    If you have found this thread because you are having this problem, and this fix worked for you, please let others know by adding a brief comment below.

Hope I have helped!

Scott
    Welp this was driving me nuts, your solution worked like a charm.

Thanks Scottie - beam me up

Leave a comment:

• Darth Gill

• Darth Gill
    replied
    Originally posted by Lynne View Post
    It's hard to tell what you have done to try to fix this since you jumped into someone else's thread and started posting. You really should start your own thread and give all the details there.

The feed works just fine for me on my test site. Have you done as suggested in this thread and removed all the feeds from your RSS Feed Manager, waited a little while, and then added them all back again?
    Yes I did. I'll start a new thread. THanks!

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support

• Lynne
    replied
    Originally posted by Darth Gill View Post
    This isn't getting resolved and I'm getting frustrated. Can anyone give me any tips to try and resolve this?
    It's hard to tell what you have done to try to fix this since you jumped into someone else's thread and started posting. You really should start your own thread and give all the details there.

The feed works just fine for me on my test site. Have you done as suggested in this thread and removed all the feeds from your RSS Feed Manager, waited a little while, and then added them all back again?

Leave a comment:

• Darth Gill

• Darth Gill
    replied
    This isn't getting resolved and I'm getting frustrated. Can anyone give me any tips to try and resolve this?

Leave a comment:

• Darth Gill

• Darth Gill
    replied
    Originally posted by Darth Gill View Post
    It's local to the server. Also, I can connect to the feed with lynx on the server itself. Do you think it could be a php issue?
    BTW, here is a feed that does not work..
    http://www.predestinarian.net/forum/blog_external.php

Here is a feed that DOES work.
    http://www.predestinarian.net/links/external.php

So, tell me, do you think it's a server problem still, or is it software related?

Leave a comment:

• Darth Gill

• Darth Gill
    replied
    Originally posted by Zachery View Post
    The server itself is unable to connect to the feed, it has nothing to do with the software specificly.
    It's local to the server. Also, I can connect to the feed with lynx on the server itself. Do you think it could be a php issue?

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support

• Zachery
    replied
    The server itself is unable to connect to the feed, it has nothing to do with the software specificly.

Leave a comment:

• Darth Gill

• Darth Gill
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
    That error is pretty clear. Your server cannot connect to the server for those feeds. Not much vB can do about this I'm afraid.
    Can you give me any idea why it CAN connect to two of those feeds and it CANNOT connect to the other two? They are all vbulletin powered feeds. They have been untouched for many months. There was no upgrade or change of any kind when they all of a sudden stopped working.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager

• Steve Machol
    replied
    That error is pretty clear. Your server cannot connect to the server for those feeds. Not much vB can do about this I'm afraid.

Leave a comment:

• Darth Gill

• Darth Gill
    replied
    I'm getting this error now:
    Warning: Unable to fetch RSS Feed in [path]/includes/class_rss_poster.php on line 231
    P-Net Blogs Unable to open URL or no data returned

Warning: Unable to fetch RSS Feed in [path]/includes/class_rss_poster.php on line 231
    Library Unable to open URL or no data returned
    These feeds have not been touched at all in many months. They are also all feeds provided by vbulletin / vbadvanced products.

Leave a comment:

• Darth Gill

• Darth Gill
    replied
    Oh, BTW, I was getting error messages... So I disabled all feeds. Then re-enabled them. Then when I run the process it doesn't give me an error message, but it still doesn't post new items.

Leave a comment:

• Darth Gill

• Darth Gill
    replied
    I REALLY don't want to delete all my feeds and re-add them... Is there any workaround? For my example, every time someone makes a new blog it gets added to the forum as a post. I don't want to delete a million new threads.... I have 5 different feeds. It's gonna be a pain. I haven't upgraded yet to 3.8.1 yet either... (3.8.0) is my version. Stuff stopped working on the 27th for me.

Leave a comment:

• Darth Gill

• Darth Gill
    replied
    I'm having the same problem now all of a sudden. I'll try the fix, but it's gonna be a killer... ughh.

Leave a comment:

• Janiv

• Janiv
    replied
    I had the exact same problem. Nothing worked until I deleted all my feeds and re-added them. Things are working great now. I had the same problem when I upgraded so must be something with the upgrade itself.

Leave a comment:

• ScottiG

• ScottiG
    replied
    If you have found this thread because you are having this problem, and this fix worked for you, please let others know by adding a brief comment below.

Hope I have helped!

Scott

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X