users being re-directed to login

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• users being re-directed to login

Have some new users being redirected to the login page right after signing up...after they log in they are rbought right back to it.....any ideas?

This is probably a cookie domain/path issue. To fix this, upload the tools.php script in the 'do_not_upload' folder of the vB zip file to your Admin CP directory and run it from your browser. Use this to reset the cookie domain and path back to the defaults. And then leave your cookie domain and path at the default settings. There is no reason to change these. If you need to specify a unique cookie, use the cookie prefix setting in config.php instead.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjay00 View Post
      Have some new users being redirected to the login page right after signing up...after they log in they are rbought right back to it.....any ideas?
      Hi bigjay,
      Please let me know if you find the solution.

Some of my users reported the same problem.

When they login with correct User Name & Password, a message displays 'Logging In...' and then they get redirected to forum home page. Again it asks for User Name & password. So, in fact, they can never login because it always redirects to home page.

It happens only for few users.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjay00 View Post
        Hi bigjay,
        You found any solution ?

You may ask your user to select 'Remember Me ?' checkbox while logging in.
        See if that solves the problem.

Comment

I'm also experiencing the same problem as well. My forum is on a subdirectory ex.. http://domain.com/forum

should I use the setting under suggested setting as "/forum/" instead?

Comment

See post #2. If that does not resolve your issue please start your own thread in the relevant forum for the version of vBulletin that you are running. Thank you.
            Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

RE: Users being redirected to login

Hi guys

We've just configured a forum (v3.7.4) for one of our clients and he's experiencing the same problem - and we aren't!

This is what happens (note that he does this after clearing his cache and cookies):
              1. He enters his username and password and clicks Login
              2. Message appears: "Thank you for logging in, Longoverdue. Click here if your browsers does not automatically redirect you."
              3. Page refreshes back to new login screen, this time with the following message: "You are not logged in or do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of the following reasons: [Then 3 reasons are listed] ..."
              4. However! If he now clicks on the Forgotten Your Password link he sees this screen:
              5. You will note that he is in fact logged in!???
              6. If he now clicks on his username he's got full access to the forum.
              Any suggestions?

We've tried uploading the tools.php script to the do_not_upload folder, but that didn't work ...

Any help would be greatly appreciated - thank you!
              Chamber Internet
              http://www.chamberinternet.co.uk

Comment

Thanks will do as you suggest and post a new thread ...

Best wishes

Debbi
                Chamber Internet
                http://www.chamberinternet.co.uk

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X