Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACP access problem /cookies

I'm using the latest 3.7.4 PL1

I am getting the following message below when trying to access my ACP. I am entering the correct username and password. Someone suggested this was a cookies issue so I tried a different browser and in fact I logged in successfully. I'm about to migrate a busy site to vBulletin and if this issue comes up for me it is going to come up for a lot of other people.

phpBB3 has a "Delete all board cookies" link at the bottom of the forum. Is there something like that that I can add to vB?

Code:
    You have entered an invalid username or password. Please press the back button, enter the correct details and try again. Don't forget that the password is case sensitive. Forgotten your password? Click here!

You have used 2 out of 5 login attempts. After all 5 have been used, you will be unable to login for 15 minutes.

That definitely means either the username or password are wrong.

Did you import your account from phpBB3? Note that ImpEx cannot import user passwords from phpBB3 due to incompatible password formats. You will need to go through the reset process. For example:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/login.php?do=lostpw

Comment

I had faced the same problem few days back where clearing strikes table manually solved my problem.

Comment

Jake,

I have not done the impex import yet and I understand the password issue there. This is not at all related.

It CAN'T be a username / password issue. As I said, I was able to successfully login with the same exact username and password using a different browser.

Any other ideas?

thanks
        Paul

Originally posted by Jake Bunce View Post
        That definitely means either the username or password are wrong.

Did you import your account from phpBB3? Note that ImpEx cannot import user passwords from phpBB3 due to incompatible password formats. You will need to go through the reset process. For example:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/login.php?do=lostpw

Comment

Originally posted by NorCal View Post
          It CAN'T be a username / password issue. As I said, I was able to successfully login with the same exact username and password using a different browser
          That is very odd. This might be some kind of browser problem. Which browser is working and which one isn't? Try it on a different computer too.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X