Moderators unable to delete OTHERS tags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moderators unable to delete OTHERS tags

I need to allow moderators the ability to delete others' tags. I don't see anywhere this privilege can be granted.
    Do I have to hack the code?
    Thank you
    Larry Eitel - Administrator & Webmaster
    NoBlood.org
    Transfusion Alternatives and Blood Management

There should be an Edit Tags link in the tag area at the bottom of each thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce View Post
      There should be an Edit Tags link in the tag area at the bottom of each thread.
      I see that provision however the checkboxes for deleting individual tags are grayed out. If I login as Admin, I AM able to unselect tags for deletion. I need to delegate this moderators.

Thank you for checking on this.
      NoBlood.org

Comment

The only relevant permissions I can find are the tag permissions for groups:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup -> Post / Thread Permissions

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce View Post
          The only relevant permissions I can find are the tag permissions for groups:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup -> Post / Thread Permissions
          In the above mentioned location, I see no provision to allow mods to delete "Others" tags.
          NoBlood.org

Comment

Try these:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Show All Moderators -> [Edit Permissions]

Can Edit Threads
            Can Manage Threads

Comment

Is that the definitive answer? To allow people to "delete others' tags"., you must give them permission to manage threads? There is no other solution?

(I have set up a usergroup that is supposed to be able to edit all tags.)

Thanks

Comment

Yes, that is currently the only option. Please feel free to make a feature request here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=55
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thank you

Here is the feature request.

Comment