Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slow Query

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Slow Query

    Hello.

    I can see the following thread running quite regularly and takes a few seconds to complete. Can you tell me what it's doing?

    SELECT COUNT(*) AS threads, SUM(IF(thread.lastpost > 1226528337 AND open <> 10, 1, 0)) AS newthread

    Cheers

    Tim
    Tim
    Nimbus Hosting
    www.nimbushosting.co.uk (vB Hosting Experts)

  • #2
    That looks like it might have something to do with the New Posts link in the navbar. The search features can be intensive. One option is to disable the search features.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Jake Bunce View Post
      That looks like it might have something to do with the New Posts link in the navbar. The search features can be intensive. One option is to disable the search features.
      Thanks Jacke.

      That's not enabled as far as I can tell. Do you know what else it would be?

      Tim
      Tim
      Nimbus Hosting
      www.nimbushosting.co.uk (vB Hosting Experts)

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Jake Bunce View Post
        That looks like it might have something to do with the New Posts link in the navbar. The search features can be intensive. One option is to disable the search features.
        The forum url is www.celticminded.com if that helps.
        Tim
        Nimbus Hosting
        www.nimbushosting.co.uk (vB Hosting Experts)

        Comment


        • #5
          Are search features enabled?

          Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Message Searching Options -> Search Engine Enabled

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Jake Bunce View Post
            Are search features enabled?

            Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Message Searching Options -> Search Engine Enabled
            Thanks Jake

            I don't think it's that as I've replaced the search with sphinx. Any ideas where else that query is coming from?
            Tim
            Nimbus Hosting
            www.nimbushosting.co.uk (vB Hosting Experts)

            Comment


            • #7
              I don't have any other guesses as to where that query is coming from unless it is from one of your addon products.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Jake Bunce View Post
                I don't have any other guesses as to where that query is coming from unless it is from one of your addon products.
                ok thanks. I'll have a closer look.
                Tim
                Nimbus Hosting
                www.nimbushosting.co.uk (vB Hosting Experts)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Did you find out where this query comes from xnetco? I have the same problem
                  Laptop Forums

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Ian Cunningham View Post
                    Did you find out where this query comes from xnetco? I have the same problem
                    Yes, we did it turned out too many posts in a forum. We pruned them and it seemed to go away.

                    Tim
                    Tim
                    Nimbus Hosting
                    www.nimbushosting.co.uk (vB Hosting Experts)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Thanks Tim!
                      Laptop Forums

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Ian Cunningham View Post
                        Thanks Tim!
                        No worries, what's your forum url?
                        Tim
                        Nimbus Hosting
                        www.nimbushosting.co.uk (vB Hosting Experts)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          It's one I'm testing a new design on via a local server (using XAMPP) - I dumped all the old threads in to one forum while I was testing things out, which might explain it!
                          Laptop Forums

                          Comment

                          widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X