Forums Disappeared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forums Disappeared

Odd problem this morning. All of my forums disappeared overnight. It seems to have happened at midnight. The PM works for everyone, but no one can access any forums or threads. Everyone just gets a permissions denied message, including me (the admin).

The forums have disappeared in the admin CP as well. Nothing was being updated - they are just gone (the database is the same size though). Any ideas on what happened?

using 3.7.3 PL1
    ~ Master of my own Domain ~

Here's the problem:

It is likely that the issue you are experiencing is related to the PHP5 upgrade.

A possible factor is that register_globals is now set to OFF by default in PHP5.

You can set them back to ON, by doing an .htaccess override:
    php_flag register_globals on

Please note that when using an override to have register_globals set to On with PHP5, it is recommended that you do so only in the software directory that requires it and that the override is used only as a temporary measure. You'll want to contact the support department of any script that is failing with register_globals set to OFF.
    Is there an easy fix to this? I'm not too good with .htaccess

Comment

Well - I've just added "php_flag register_globals on" to my .htaccess. Nothing happened.

Any suggestions?

Comment

Strange, did you put it at the very top of your htaccess before RewriteEngine or any other rules?

I guess another thing you can try is paste this in Notepad:

register_globals = On
        Save it as php.ini and upload it to your forum root directory. I guess you could try putting the htaccess or php.ini in your admincp directory and see if that will let you access admin.
        You're entire statement is so incomplete that it is false.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetfunny View Post
          Strange, did you put it at the very top of your htaccess before RewriteEngine or any other rules?
          Yes, it's at the very top. No effect.

Originally posted by sweetfunny View Post
          I guess another thing you can try is paste this in Notepad:

Save it as php.ini and upload it to your forum root directory. I guess you could try putting the htaccess or php.ini in your admincp directory and see if that will let you access admin.
          I tried this too. Nothing happened. I can access my control panel by the way. It's just that all of the forums are missing (forum permissions, forum administrator, etc.).

Comment

Do you think I should upgrade to the latest version? I'm running 3.7.3 at the moment. My server upgraded to php 5.2.6 last night, and this is when the problem began.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryanb View Post
              Do you think I should upgrade to the latest version? I'm running 3.7.3 at the moment. My server upgraded to php 5.2.6 last night, and this is when the problem began.
              Well to answer my own question - yes, upgrade.

I did, and everything's working now.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X