• Show
Clear All

• 3.0.7 -> 3.7.3 upgrade OK, but admin login bounces me out

This is currently running on:

Windows XP, Sp 2
    PHP 5.2.6
    MySql 5.0.67
    Apache 2.2

I'm tryiong to upgrade an old 3.0.7 VB to the latest release. The plan was to get the upgrade running OK on my local laptop as at least a rehearsal, then upgrade the live site. Here's what I did:

1) install a clean copy of 3.0.7
    2) import a backup copy of my MySql db from my site
    3) run the upgrade scripts in turn, using upgrade.php

As far as I can tell, this all works - there were no error messages of any sort. I can view the final version without problems. However, if I go to the admin CP and login using the admin account credentials, I

4) get a 'thank you for logging in...' message
    5) then I get a "redirecting..." message
    6) then I'm back at the admin cp login screen.

from (4) I conclude that my login credentials are correct since it doesn't complain about invalid user IDs or passwords. I've reset admin access using tools.php, but without any change in system behavior.

Apart from starting to dig through code to try and figure out what's going wrong (something I can but would rather not have to do), I'm not sure what to do next. Has anybody seen this before?

Thanks,
    Chris
    Last edited by chrisesposito; Thu 6 Nov '08, 4:51pm. Reason: fixed typo

1) install a clean copy of 3.0.7
    2) import a backup copy of my MySql db from my site

That's where it went wrong.

You can not import a .sql dump back up into an existing instance (fresh install or not).

DOn't fresh install, just restore the files and the database, and you've mirrored your site. After which you can follow the normal upgrade path. Don't run install or upgrade first to restore your backup.

Comment

OK; thanks.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X