Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security Tokens

Wheww here we go.

In my forums i have certain people getting security token errors, for instance when they go their User CP. Out of thirty people so far, only three people have gotten the security token error. I have read the other posts about this but can not actually solve the problem. When i go to search for that code in my templates It only tells me where the text is. I can not actually open it and add the code in. I try to click edit but cannot. I simply can't get in and view that code. Do i have to manually edit in the acutal file? I have no hacks. My current version is 3.7.4. I have followed the maintance protocol and nothing in their about templates out of version. I only have:
    functions_regimage.php
    upgrade_3610.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin upgrade_3611.php File not recognized as part of vBulletin upgrade_369.php

I am probably just missing something very simple. Thanks for the help

Hello,

Thank you for contacting vBulletin Support.

Most of the time we see this error it is due to modifications. Any modifications that try to submit forms to vBulletin files will be affected. Try to reproduce the issue with modifications disabled. If it goes away, they need to ask the modification author for an update. Instructions for modification authors has been released on vB.org.

If you still have the problem, try to reproduce it on an unmodified style. If it goes away, you need to add the securitytoken line to the correct template. At this point, it's probably easiest to revert and redo your customizations.

If it still happens, try to determine if it happens on all pages or just specific actions. If it's just specific actions, it should be reproducable on an unmodified board; if you can reproduce it, please report it as a bug. If it's all pages, then maybe you haven't uploaded all the files. (check maintenance> diagnostic> file suspect

Basically all templates where a form is in with method POST should have something like this added to it:

<input type="hidden" name="securitytoken" value="$bbuserinfo[securitytoken]" />

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=268862

All the best,

Comment

i understand that but....

Do i edit the template in Vbulleting admin cp or in some other editor...

Comment

AdminCP from vBulletin > Styles & templates > style manager > dropdown: edit templates.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X