X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call to a member function on a non-object/ public profile

Hi

I have the error

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /xxx/forum/includes/class_bbcode.php on line 194

after upgrding from 3.68 to 3.73 PL1 after clicking on the public profile of a user

When I disbale all plugins in config.php with

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', 1);

The error goes away.

When I disblae all plugins in adminACP. the error stays.

So How can I find out, which plugin might be incorrect, if it does not react if I "locally" disable one plugin after the other within Admin ACP?

update:

I downloaded for all plugins the newest version which is conpatible with 3.73. I overwrote again all old files (vb and plugins) etc. pp. still the same problem.

Plugins are:

EZ bounce management
    Atan Marque
    vbmembermap
    Members who have Visited
    Zahlungssystem: Bank├╝berweisung

With 5 other vb3.7.3 PL1 upgrades and the same plugins there is no problem at all. So what did I do with this one wrong?
    Last edited by snoopy5; Mon 3 Nov '08, 8:41am.

Comment

anybody?

Comment

You need to ask over at www.vbulleitn.org. We do not support third-party add-ons here.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hi

I do not think that this is a plugin problem.

As I mentioned it earlier, I upgrade 6 different forums this week-end (!). All from the same vb version to vb 3.7.3 PL1. All 6 have the exact same plugins, all 6 had the exact same settings.

5 of those 6 forums are working correctly (!). No problems at all. Only this one forum is not working.

I upgraded from the backup again and again. Always the same result.

I can deactivate the plugins in adminCP, but the error stays. Only if I change the config file (DISABLE_HOOKS), it works again.

So what is technically the difference between deactivating plugins in ACP and changing the code within the config file?

Maybe this leads to the reason of this problem.

Comment

You stated when you disable hooks, the error goes away. That means this is a problem with your add-ons. Please ask over at www.vbulletin;lorg for further help. Thank you.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Did you read at all my post above?

Comment

You meand this?

Only if I change the config file (DISABLE_HOOKS), it works again.
                Yes I did. My post still applies. I hope that is clear now.

Note: Disabling plugins still allows some of their code to be processed, which is why we tell you to add that line.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

No I meant this:

Originally posted by snoopy5 View Post

As I mentioned it earlier, I upgrade 6 different forums this week-end (!). All from the same vb version to vb 3.7.3 PL1. All 6 have the exact same plugins, all 6 had the exact same settings.

5 of those 6 forums are working correctly (!). No problems at all. Only this one forum is not working.

Comment

I don't know and I have no way of knowing. Regardless you need to either remove your add-ons or post over at www.vbulleitn.org. Sorry I did not make that clear.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

o.k. understood.

I deleted now all plugins within ACP and deleted all plugin-files on the server. So theoretically nothing of the plugins should exist.

But still the same error as soon as I click on a username for his userprofile.

What could I do now?

Comment

TZheer is definitely somthing wrong with that vb installion outside of any plugin

I went back to my back up of the vb 3.68 PL2 installation. I then deinstalled all plugins already in vb 3.68 PL2 within ACP. I then deleted all files on my server which relate to these plugins.

Everything worked fine so far.

After having done this, I upgraded to vb 3.7.3 PL1. As usual, the upgrade process went smooth. But after finishing the upgrade, the error is there again.

But there are no plugins installed. So how can this be?

What else can be meant with "hooks"?

Where else are information about "hooks" stored?

Where else can this "class_bbcode.php on line 194" be in conflict with something else?

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy5 View Post

Where else can this "class_bbcode.php on line 194" be in conflict with something else?
                          Profile fields, you will need to match up with a clean db structure and weed out the issue, it happened too me before and I cleaned up my profile table under my vb db...
                          Where does it end?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X