Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smilies and Posting options not working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smilies and Posting options not working?

Hello,

Upgraded from phpbb to vb 3.7.3, couple of weird quirks so far:

1. Options not showing up when replying or starting a new thread
    (smilies, changing color, font size, etc.). You just don't see those options at all.

Here is a quick screen shot of what I am seeing (or not seeing for that matter):

2. Signature pictures that are uploaded do NOT show up in your signature (in other words, when you upload the signature pic, the uploading works, but the picture doesn't automatically then go to your signature).

Screen shot:

Try this. Create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change to this style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?

If you do, empty your browser cache, close all browser windows and try again.

If you do not have this problem with the original templates, then this means the problem is with one or more of your custom templates. You need to revert your templates, then redo your changes.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

thanks for the help, I also changed hosts recently... so not sure if that is the problem... I will try the above.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
        Try this. Create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change to this style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?

If you do, empty your browser cache, close all browser windows and try again.

If you do not have this problem with the original templates, then this means the problem is with one or more of your custom templates. You need to revert your templates, then redo your changes.
        I have this same problem but clearing out the browser cache and closing the windows doesn't work for me.

Comment

Please start your own thread for your issue in the relevent forum for the version of vBulletin that you are running. Thank you.
          Kerry-Anne :)

Twitter Blog

www.peterska2.com www.worldnewszone.com www.popularusenetgroups.com www.superclickers.co.uk www.forumsforchrist.com www.browsergameplanet.com

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry-Anne View Post
            Please start your own thread for your issue in the relevent forum for the version of vBulletin that you are running. Thank you.
            Thanks for the reply and apologies on two counts, one for posting in this thread, but I had thought it would have been better than starting a new one.

And I have sorted it, getting used to vb will take a while from moving from SMF, all imported users had the Advanced editor disabled.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X