Some basic bbcode questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some basic bbcode questions

I'm looking to style my bbcode tags a bit more. More specifically, the html, code and php tags.

I have some basic questions

1 ) How do you stop the horizontal scrollbar from appearing ie. can you not force the content to the next line?

2) How do you style the actual code? I've noticed that the content within the php tag is already styled with blue and green text but the code and html tags just generate plain black text.

3) I would like to add a CSS tag too. what code do I need to add via the bbcode manage to make it similar to the code tag but with a css prefix.

Thanks,

Kevin
    | System 0 |

1) I'm not sure which bar you are talking about.

2) The contents of PHP tags are parsed in the PHP code itself to highlight the syntax. I don't think there is any way to control that without modifying the PHP code.

3) You can copy the layout code from these templates in creating new BB codes:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> « » -> BB Code Layout Templates

Comment

Thanks for the response Jake

Originally posted by Jake Bunce View Post
      1) I'm not sure which bar you are talking about.
      I placed the same content within the code, html, php and quote tags. The content within the quote tags breaks to the next line but for the others it overflows and generates a horizontal scrollbar.
      | System 0 |

Comment

That is a difference in the layout code for those BB codes. That is in these templates:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> « » -> BB Code Layout Templates

It may also be subject to the line wrapper:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Thread Display Options (showthread) -> Number of Characters Before Wrapping Text

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X