Registration Code/SQL Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Registration Code/SQL Error

Please help....i dont know anything about SQL or how to fix this.
    Basically, a new user gets his registraion code email, but upon clicking the link this error page is displayed, and the user is not moved to the Registred Users group. Instead he remains in Users Awaiting Email Confirmation, but it appears as though he is 'activated' be cause he can log in.

Database error in vBulletin 3.7.3:

Invalid SQL:
    INSERT INTO vb_userlist (userid, relationid, type, friend) VALUES (, 1, 'buddy', 'yes');

MySQL Error : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' 1, 'buddy', 'yes')' at line 1
    Error Number : 1064
    Request Date : Monday, October 27th 2008 @ 10:28:34 AM
    Error Date : Monday, October 27th 2008 @ 10:28:34 AM
    Script : http://cleanboxentertainment.com/vb/...228&i=88511379
    Referrer :
    IP Address : 68.225.251.90
    Username : galen
    Classname : vb_database
    MySQL Version : 4.1.21-Max-log

The userid is missing...

First I would try these standard steps:

1) Try disabling your plugins:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Plugin/Hook System

2) Also run a file check to look for customized files. Upload the original files if any problems are reported:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

If you still have the problem then I suspect there may be a key problem with the user tables. We can take a look if you submit a trouble ticket with a URL and login for phpmyadmin on your server:

http://members.vbulletin.com/members...ontactform.php

Comment

Problem Solved, Thank You. Was a plugin

Thank You, your instructions have helped me solve this issue.
      By disabling the 'Automatically Added Friend' plugin v1.0.1 my error went away, and my new user email activation registration codes system now works.

thanks

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/misc....kk_auto_friend

Comment

I had the same exact problem but with 3.7.4, also disabled the plugin, uninstall the plugin, actually disabled all plugins by adding define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true); to config.php and the problem didn't go away, I ended up having the following error:

Database error in vBulletin 3.7.4:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT user.*, (user.options & 512) AS invisible , avatar.avatarpath, NOT ISNULL(customavatar.userid) AS hascustom, customavatar.dateline AS avatardateline, customavatar.filedata_thumb, customavatar.height AS avheight, customavatar.width AS avwidth, customavatar.width_thumb AS avwidth_thumb, customavatar.height_thumb AS avheight_thumb

FROM userlist AS userlist
        INNER JOIN user AS user ON (user.userid = userlist.relationid)
        LEFT JOIN avatar AS avatar ON (avatar.avatarid = user.avatarid)
        LEFT JOIN customavatar AS customavatar ON (customavatar.userid = user.userid)

WHERE userlist.userid = 1
        AND userlist.type = 'buddy'
        AND userlist.friend = 'yes'

ORDER BY RAND()
        LIMIT 0, 1.399;

MySQL Error : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '1.399' at line 13
        Error Number : 1064"

The only way to avoid that error, that only came about when someone was looking at profile of userid 1, only happened with that profile, was to change in
        class_profileblock.php around line 470 "LIMIT $limitstart, $limitamount" to "LIMIT $limitstart, 10" which created some new problems, like removing the pagination from userid 1 friend's list.

I think this may have to do with userid 1 having over 1400 friends, could this be a bug in vbulletin? not taking into consideration that a user could have over 1400 friends?

Any ideas?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X