Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hacking problem i-israeli.co.il

Hello there,
    lately i've encountered a continuing hacking problem to my forum.
    every time i uploaded the forum, an algerian hacking group group brought it down.
    after they posted a backup of the user table from our database on different hacking forums (this was after the 2nd hack) we noticed that the header of the SQL and it said "Locus7Shell Dump" which means they infected a Shell file into our host.
    We decided to switch to another host and thought that it will solve our problems (after a brief scan and a replacement of all of the files with new ones from the original ZIP) but it didnt... a day after we saw a new Owner who was called palestine and he deleted all of our forums and gave everyone access to the private admin forum.
    the 2 hosts we were on were extremely protected due to many clients that were on these servers so the only possible way that they could hack our forum was through our vBulletin system...
    we have no clue and we don't know what to do - our system is updated to the latest version (3.7.3
    PL1) and still we keep on getting hacked.

Any help will be blessed,
    i-israeli.co.il forum staff.
    Last edited by i-israeli.co.il; Sat 25 Oct '08, 7:32am. Reason: minor spelling fixes

Please see this thread on how to make your vBulletin more secure:

http://www.vbulletin.com/go/secure

If you are still being hacked after doing all of this, then they are most likely doing this by accessing your server. You need to contact your host about this.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
      Please see this thread on how to make your vBulletin more secure:

http://www.vbulletin.com/go/secure

If you are still being hacked after doing all of this, then they are most likely doing this by accessing your server. You need to contact your host about this.
      well, I uploaded a backup and took your security steps.. lets see if it did any good
      Thanks

Comment

Since your host investigated the situation and found that it was the vB software that was exploited, to resolve the matter could they please forward their findings so if it is an unknown security issue with our software .. we can fix it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X