Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

restoring default settings for members under moderation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• restoring default settings for members under moderation?

recently in an effort to thwart abuse I set up my forum to put everyone in the "(COPPA) Users Awaiting Moderation" group from start.

unfortunately though according to a member who was trying to set up a multi on my site (with permission, that's the kinda thing we do ) I found out that members of this group are unable to make any new posts... I am not sure how it got that way, I tested it and remember it being different but that isnt the point...

I freaked... and changed a bunch of settings for that group... and now the group can post the same as the registered group :doh:

so my question is...

is there an easy way to restore the default settings on a usergroup? especially the default usergroups?

if there isnt an easy way to do it in the ACP, I am open to perhaps getting into the guts of the database to do so... but I will wait to find out if there is an option in the ACP before wondering over to vbulletin.org for db edits
    §èè¥ä§;
    Sykko

There is no option to restore the default permissions for usergroups. One option is to install a new test forum so you have a reference to manually set the permissions back to default.

Comment

ok, new question then...

how do I go about suggesting such a feature? perhaps something that could be considered for future versions...

in the mean time... I may take your advice on the test forum thing but instead run some action queries to update info over that's prolly the most solid way to do it.
      §èè¥ä§;
      Sykko

Comment

Suggestion forum:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=55

Comment

groovy, thanks
          §èè¥ä§;
          Sykko

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X