• Show
Clear All

• vivaciti
    replied
    OK, that works, thanks for your help.

Leave a comment:

• vivaciti
    replied
    Ah, OK, I asumed that as we received the email saying a new user had signed up they had already confirmed their account via email.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    They will not show up under moderation until after they activate their account.

Leave a comment:

• vivaciti
    replied
    OK, that did not work, just had another spammer join up, and still does not have anything under users requiring moderation.

Any other ideas anyone?

Leave a comment:

• vivaciti
    replied
    OK, got it, thanks.
    I will give it a try after lunch and let you know, althoughy I dont think I have any plugins that may cause a registration problem, but I suppose we can tackle that after.

Cheers again, youve been agreat help so far.

Karl

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Admin Control Panel > vBulletin Options > vBulletin Options > Hook System > Active: No.

And let's try that

Leave a comment:

• vivaciti
    replied
    Thanks, yes it is set there, and we are already on that ver, so a hook thing! Where would we find this to disable it.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Admin Control Panel > vBulletin Options > vBulletin Options > User Registration Options : Require User Registration Moderation? set this to yes.

If this is set to yes, then upgrade to 3.7.3 PL1 to fix any known bugs, or disable the hook system to ensure no third party code is buggin up the feature.

Leave a comment:

• vivaciti
    replied
    Yes I have read all that, but I want to check the users out as soon as they sign up, and thats not working. Your link did not answer that for me

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Forum Robot Spam Prevention Recommendations

Leave a comment:

• vivaciti
    started a topic Users requiring moderation

Users requiring moderation

Hi there,
    I have a little problem. Because of the amount of spam, I have changed our board so all new users require moderation so I can vet the new user before giving them access.
    But when a new user come on, I get the email telling me about the new user, I then go to the admin cp, and select search users, then users requiring moderation, and there are no users in there.
    This has been the same since I turned it on.
    Is this a known or should I have made a change somewhere else?

Cheers in advance.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X