X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peterska2
    replied
    You don't

If your host will make the changes as instructed by Floris in post #2 then you will need to consider a new host. In most cases this error is an indication that you are outgrowing your current hosting package especially on low cost shared hosting.

Leave a comment:

• stevectaylor
    replied
    HI,

1 and 1 have responded that the cause is storing sessions in the sqldb which they say should be in a file instead.

How do you change it?
    Last edited by stevectaylor; Thu 16 Oct '08, 9:01am.

Leave a comment:

• Wilzer
    replied
    Recently put up board as development and I am getting the same message and think maybe it is related to hacking attempts since I don't have any subscribers yet. Appears sporadically and I get a lot of registrants with Russian email addresses that can't possibly be interested - They need approval to fully register so I spend a lot of time deleting.

Database error in vBulletin :

mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Too many connections
    /homepages/4/d220623691/htdocs/go2msl/go2forum/includes/class_core.php on line 311

Script : http://www.go2msl.com/go2forum/calen...eek=1838246400

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Ask the host to increment the default value of 100 to 256 or 512 for max_user_connections in my.cnf

Leave a comment:

• stevectaylor
    started a topic Server Errors

Server Errors

I keep getting the following error message on a 1and 1 proffessional package. But at any one point there would only be 100 users online.

Database error in vBulletin :

mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Too many connections /homepages/32/(deleted)_core.php on line 311

MySQL Error :
    Error Number :
    Request Date : Wednesday, October 15th 2008 @ 05:41:54 PM
    Error Date : Wednesday, October 15th 2008 @ 05:41:54 PM
    Script : http://www.politic.co.uk/
    Referrer :
    IP Address : (deleted)
    Username :
    Classname : vb_database
    MySQL Version :
    Last edited by stevectaylor; Wed 15 Oct '08, 10:11pm.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X