Server Errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Errors

I keep getting the following error message on a 1and 1 proffessional package. But at any one point there would only be 100 users online.

Database error in vBulletin :

mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Too many connections /homepages/32/(deleted)_core.php on line 311

MySQL Error :
    Error Number :
    Request Date : Wednesday, October 15th 2008 @ 05:41:54 PM
    Error Date : Wednesday, October 15th 2008 @ 05:41:54 PM
    Script : http://www.politic.co.uk/
    Referrer :
    IP Address : (deleted)
    Username :
    Classname : vb_database
    MySQL Version :
    Last edited by stevectaylor; Wed 15 Oct '08, 10:11pm.
    Holiday Forum
    Motor Car Forum
    Political Forum
    Web Hosting Forum

Ask the host to increment the default value of 100 to 256 or 512 for max_user_connections in my.cnf

Comment

Recently put up board as development and I am getting the same message and think maybe it is related to hacking attempts since I don't have any subscribers yet. Appears sporadically and I get a lot of registrants with Russian email addresses that can't possibly be interested - They need approval to fully register so I spend a lot of time deleting.

Database error in vBulletin :

mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Too many connections
      /homepages/4/d220623691/htdocs/go2msl/go2forum/includes/class_core.php on line 311

Script : http://www.go2msl.com/go2forum/calen...eek=1838246400

Comment

HI,

1 and 1 have responded that the cause is storing sessions in the sqldb which they say should be in a file instead.

How do you change it?
        Last edited by stevectaylor; Thu 16 Oct '08, 9:01am.
        Holiday Forum
        Motor Car Forum
        Political Forum
        Web Hosting Forum

Comment

You don't

If your host will make the changes as instructed by Floris in post #2 then you will need to consider a new host. In most cases this error is an indication that you are outgrowing your current hosting package especially on low cost shared hosting.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X