Infractions, User Notes and keeping records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infractions, User Notes and keeping records

For years, we've been using a system of alerts and warnings which we put in members user notes to keep track of problems or ongoing issues with our members. We'd like to switch over to the new infraction system, but we're having a hard time figuring out the best way to do this.

We set up a forum for copies of our infractions to go, but I'm wondering if there's a way to have a copy go to the members user notes? We often have followup information that we need to document and the thought of digging through a forum full of hundreds of threads to find an infraction is a little overwhelming.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be welcome.

Good idea but there is currently no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thank you, I'll take a look. That's the only thing holding us back right now.

Comment

The manual shows to click on an infraction tab in the user's profile to give an infraction. I don't have that tab in my users' profiles. I am using 3.7.3 PL1 and I have all user profile options checked, but there isn't one for user infractions. Not sure how to get that tab in the profile so I can give an infraction.

Comment

You should be able to give infractions on any post as well, Make sure your permissions for infractions are set properly for all usergroups. In the future please start your own thread for any issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
            You should be able to give infractions on any post as well, Make sure your permissions for infractions are set properly for all usergroups. In the future please start your own thread for any issues.
            Sorry, I guess I saw it as a related issue. I've done a search and couldn't find any help on it. In the future I will start a new thread.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X